Call Now To See How We Can Help!

The Law Office Of Mark B. Morse LLC

Personal Injury Lawyer

Providence, RI

Call Now To See How We Can Help!

(401) 831-0555

The Law Office Of Mark B. Morse LLC

Post-Divorce Enforcement IssuesIf you are owed child support or spousal support because of a court order, you should know that you have legal options to enforce a court order. Past due child support (or arrears) can affect children and families in many ways.

At the Law Office of Mark B. Morse, LLC, we can help you obtain, modify, or enforce a child support, spousal support, or property settlement agreement. There are several legal options available for collections. Our Providence child support enforcement attorneys can talk with you and help determine what strategy to use to enforce your agreement or court order.

Providing Client-Focused Solutions For Your Support Collection Issues

While every situation is unique, the options for child support enforcement and other support orders that Attorney Mark Morse may pursue include:

  • Income withholding: Wages and other income, including workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability Insurance and unemployment insurance, can be withheld from the paying party’s income. Depending on the circumstance, veterans’ benefits and Supplemental Security Income cannot typically be withheld for child support.
  • Tax withholding: The state child support agency can take individual tax returns and apply the amount to child support arrears.
  • Court intervention: The party who is owed support can ask the court to find the nonpaying party in contempt of court. If the action is pursued, the individual may be ordered to pay a certain amount of money to avoid a jail sentence.

Depending on the type of support, it may be possible to use driver’s license suspension, property seizure and property liens as a way to enforce the order.

Rhode Island Attorneys Helping You Enforce Post-Divorce Agreements

We frequently assist individuals experiencing post-divorce-related problems where a couple previously lived in one state, but now one party lives in Rhode Island and the other party has also moved. When problems arise, it can quickly become difficult to determine what state has the power to decide the dispute.

Attorney Mark B. Morse has been practicing since 1983 and can help you solve the most challenging family law problems. We will take the time to understand your situation and work with you to find a solution that meets your needs and goals.

Contact our Rhode Islanfamily law firm today to schedule your consultation and learn how we can help.

Mark B. Morse, Esq.

Call Now To See How We Can Help!
(401) 831-0555

Note: The above information does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, Mark B. Morse or The Law Office of Mark B. Morse, LLC is not your legal representative, and you should have no expectation that an attorney client relationship has been established.

Copyright©2024, The Law Office Of Mark B. Morse LLC. All Rights Reserved. Legal Marketing | Legal Disclaimer | Site Map | Privacy Policy